X
Collapse
Primeira Anterior Próxima Última

• Filtrar
  • Tempo
  • Show
Clear All

Impreza WRX STI vs Evo X

Como seria de prever a vitória coube ao Impreza mas estas novas gerações não são muito brilhantes, tentaram "civilizar" os carros e só ficaram a perder. Chegam mesmo a dizer que preferem um Evo IX a qualquer um destes. Podem ler o texto aqui.

Já coloquei aqui o artigo completo, e até era para abrir um tópico, mas depois vinham dizer que só abria, quando o Subaru ganhava

Comentário

Nenhum deles digna os antecessores...

Comentário

Acho que tanto um como outro modelo, cada vez mais estão a perder as suas caracteristicas inicias e a perder a sua piada....

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por ks34 Ver Post
          Como seria de prever a vitória coube ao Impreza
          Seria de prever porque ?? Se bem me lembro, a EVO sempre achou o Evo (LOL) melhor que o Scooby.

Comentário

Eu tambem tinha ideia que o novo evo era bem melhor que o impreza, mas pelos vistos não. Acho que foi pelas review do jeremy clarkson, foram as unicas que li até agora. Deixa lá ler isto então!

Comentário

eu sinceramente preferia o meu lindo EVO IX do que qualquer EVO X ou Impreza STI da nova geração. também aceitava um STI da antiga geração

Comentário

Gosto mais do desenho do Evo...

Venha lá mas é um Evo VII ou Impresa da mesma altura.

Comentário

para mim é um destes se faz favor:

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por alfamaniaco Ver Post
                    para mim é um destes se faz favor:

Junto-me a ti.

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por GTS_M5 Ver Post
                      Junto-me a ti.
                      pode ser mais um para aqui....

Comentário

Fiquem todos à vontade! Eu fico com o X então.

Comentário

Eu fico-me por um Subas STI da geração imediatamente antarior, ou então um 22B da primeira, obrigado

Comentário

EVO VI é lindo!
                            A partir daí as linhas começaram a ficar mais suaves.
                            Eu gostava muito do Impreza, mas esse novo modelo conseguiu estragar a antiga linha...

Comentário

Relativamente aos novos modelos prefiro o Evo ao Subaru....

Comentário

O Evo X está muito pesado, porque tem dimensões muito maiores que o novo STI, mas mesmo assim neste teste da revista evo é mais rápido 1s por volta que o novo STI que é mais leve e potente, e nestes testes um nos Estados Unidos e outro na Inglaterra :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn0UkrPvPmc

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallpapers/Videos.aspx?AR=232480&CT=V

Ganha o evo X...
                                Para mim este novo STI além de ser esteticamente horrível (parece um mazda 3), dinamicamente é muito fraco, e só ganhou o teste da revista evo por ser mais barato lá na Inglaterra, coisa que em portugal e resto da europa não vai acontecer.

Comentário

boas

e que tal a subaru se manter na mesma cilindrada para se comparar melhor
                                  pois com mais 500 cm3 conseguem mais binario mas mesmo assim nao fogem
                                  da minha parte penso que estao a fugir a essencia desses carros

Comentário

entre estes dois prefiro o evo mas concordo com vocês os anteriores sao melhores

Comentário

Pode vir um evo x para aqui! E já agora um poço de petróleo.

Comentário

a eterna luta, evolucionário vs imprezário

para mim será sempre o hardcore EVO VI. entre os 2 do topico, o evo x claro, nunca fui muito fã do subaru

Comentário

Venha um RS então...

Comentário

Então e se fosse um duelo entre dois?
                                            Eu ficava indeciso...

Comentário

Este novo STI é sempre a somar!!!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..1.*

Comentário

Opinião da evo Vs opinião da edmunds (de quem???)

Enquanto uma se vale pelos números, outra vale pelo que realmente interessa..

Comentário

por falar em imprensa Inglesa!!!

EVO X

Jeremy Clarkson

Having my photograph taken has always been like having extensive root-canal work done on my soul. I hate it with an unbridled passion. A photograph of me serves as a permanent reminder of the simple fact that I am just a stomach and a very large chin with a small piece of wire wool growing out of the top.

Unfortunately these days everyone has a camera phone, so everyone has become an amateur paparazzo. And that means I have my photograph taken about four hundred million times a day.

I understand why, of course. If you could get a snap of Cliff Richard mowing his lawn, then – ker-ching! – I bet it’d be worth a grand. If you could get a Formula One boss having his hair checked for lice by a girl dressed up as a Belsen inmate, you might even be able to afford a new car.

Of course there are drawbacks. First of all you have to have the morals of a woodlouse, and second you might drive your prey to crash into a tunnel. But that doesn’t seem to be stopping anyone.
                                                  Background

Just recently I was snapped by a member of the public while driving along the M40. He claimed the snap showed I was using my mobile. My phone records prove that I wasn’t but, no matter, he sold the picture to the Mirror. It ran it on the front page and as a result the young man probably earned enough to buy himself and his girlfriend a slap-up meal at the local Harvester.

On holiday this year someone took a picture of me going snorkelling. And because it showed a chin and a stomach in a face mask the Mirror bought this one too, paying the lensman enough for him to buy himself a jolly nice piña colada.

Now it’s open season. Some kid took a picture of me while I was asleep, and when I told him to eff off his dad went immediately, you’ve guessed it, to the Mirror. It’s got to the point where my wife never actually bothers to ring and ask where I am. She just looks in the redtops.

I’m thinking of cashing in myself; maybe I’ll sell them a picture of me checking my prostate.

It’s at its worst, though, when I’m imprisoned by a flash and noticeable car. Recently I drove my Lamborghini from Guildford to Chipping Norton. It’s about 90 miles and I had my picture taken 107 times. I counted. This meant I couldn’t use the phone or pick my nose or break the speed limit or sing along to the radio or even, on the straight bits, catch forty winks. It was so wearisome that when I got home I sold the car.

And I can assure you that I most definitely will not replace it with a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X FQ-360. Because, I swear to God, you couldn’t get more attention even if you were Jade Goody and you stood on a bridge over the M1 motorway and had full sex with a cow.

Now if you’re looking at the picture above, wondering why such a vulgar little thing could possibly cause anyone to look twice, then you know nothing about cars and frankly you’d be better off reading about something else.

If on the other hand you do know about cars, then you will also not be very interested to hear what the Evo is like. Because when it comes to four-wheel-drive turbo cars for the PlayStation generation, all eyes are currently on the Nissan GT-R – the most eagerly anticipated new arrival since God stuck a pin in a map and decided on Bethlehem.

The fact is, though, that the Nissan is going to be upwards of £50,000, about 15 grand more than the little Itchypussy. And I’m sorry but I cannot see, with the current laws of physics in place, how it can possibly be that much better.

The previous nine Evos were always exquisite to drive, nicer even than their great rivals from Subaru. But they were also woefully flimsy, stylistically challenged and hard to the point of hopelessness. For one lap of the Nürburgring, you’d use an Evo every time. For the journey home, you’d take the Scooby-Doo.

Now, though, everything has changed. The new Subaru is about as much fun as a church service. And it doesn’t look good in photographs because, like me, it doesn’t look good at all. I’ve seen more attractive things in medical books.

The Evo X, on the other hand, looks fab. Peel away the bulges and all that carbon fibre flotsam and jetsam – all of which gives other road users an impression that for you driving may be a hobby, like trainspotting – and the basic shape is very good. And then . . . Oh. My. God. There’s the way it drives.

I fear I may have to get a bit technical here. When you turned into a corner in an old Evo, initially there’d be a dribble of dreary understeer. In a normal car this is a speed-scrubbing health and safety warning that soon there will be ambulances and fire but in the Mitsubishi it was simply a portal through which you had to pass to get at the car’s heart and soul.

The heart and soul in question was its ability to remain composed and absolutely controllable in a lairy, tyre-smoking four-wheel drift. No other car I’d driven was able to do this, even slightly. It was exquisite.

The new car is even better because when you turn into a corner it’s the back that steps out of line. This means that even the portal through which you must pass to get at the meat and veg is full of hair-tingling joy.

Of course there are lots of buttons you can press to make the handling different but those are for geeks and bores. All I can report is that the basics of this car – the core – are monumentally, toweringly, eye-wateringly brilliant.

Then there’s the speed. Yes, a Ferrari 430 is full of brio and passion but get an Evo X on your tail and I guarantee that, unless it’s being driven by a complete spanner, you will not be able to shake it off.

And now comes the really good news. When you have finished at the track, the ride home is not bad either. Certainly it is way softer than the Evos of old, much more comfortable. Also, the X doesn’t require a service every 300 yards. And it’s garnished with higher-quality plastics as well. Oh, and I nearly forgot. It has the single best touchscreen central command sat nav system I’ve found in any car. It’ll even give you the average speed, in a graph, of each of your past 20 journeys.

And of course it’s got four doors, seating for five and a boot, which despite the fitting of a Grateful Dead bass speaker was still large enough last night to accommodate my daughter’s back-to-school requirements.

There are, however, some drawbacks that you might like to consider before signing your name on the dotted line in dribble.

First of all, it has only a five-speed gearbox. This means that on the motorway the all-new super-light 2.0 litre turbo engine becomes awfully drony. It’s like listening to Alistair Darling make a speech. And, worse, because there’s no cruising gear the fuel consumption is dreadful.

That’s bad in any car but when the tank is only the size of a Zippo, you will struggle to do 200 miles between fill-ups.

Almost certainly, then, you’d be better off with the less powerful but more economical FQ-300. I tried this too and missed the savage acceleration. But I liked the twin-clutch six-speed flappy-paddle gearbox, which is not available on the 360. Furthermore it has the same top speed and it’s at least £6,000 cheaper. Of the two, this is the one I’d buy.

Unfortunately, however, I can’t. I’d become fed up with the flotilla of camera-toting rats more quickly than I became fed up with the never-ending trips to the pumps.

Happily, my wife has come to the rescue. She’s going to buy one and, being an organised soul, will keep it topped up with fuel. This means that when it’s dark and all the Mirror readers are in the pub fighting, I can take it out for a little drive. It’ll serve as a constant reminder of what cars can, and should, be like.

Vital statistics

Model Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-360 GSR
                                                  Engine 1998cc turbo, four cylinders
                                                  Power 354bhp @ 6500rpm
                                                  Torque 363 lb ft @ 3200rpm
                                                  Transmission Five-speed manual
                                                  Fuel 19.9mpg (combined)
                                                  CO2 328g/km
                                                  Performance 0-62mph: 4.1sec/Top speed:155mph
                                                  Price £37,999
                                                  Road tax band G (£400 a year)
                                                  On sale Now
                                                  Verdict Eye-wateringly brilliant

[edited engine size to 1998cc]
                                                  You're hitting a hell at the edge of the stage and you are trying to kill me

New Impeza STI

Jeremy Clarkson

There are many ways to tell if someone is a bit thick. You can sit them in a room and ask them to push various bits of plastic into a wooden box. Or you can ask them to describe a cloud. Or you can carefully measure the distance between their eyes, the height of their forehead or the length of their arms.

But there’s another, easier way of establishing whether someone is two spanners short of a tool box. Just ask them this simple question: “Are you wearing a Subaru rally jacket?” Because if they are, you will need to speak more slowly.

I’ll let you into a little secret. Each week, when Top Gear is on air, we prepare two scripts. One is a polysyllabic orgy of complex thoughts on the meaning of human happiness. And the other is full of words such as “tits” and “arse”. Choosing which one eventually gets used depends on how many audience members turn up in Subaru Imprezas.

No, really. If the audience is largely in tweed and Viyella, you can make them laugh with oblique references to Dickens and the iniquities of colonialism in 19th century Calcutta. If it’s a forest of Subaru baseball caps out there, we stick to genitals and spend the day skidding around the studio on banana skins.
                                                  Background

Of course, there are intelligent Subaru drivers, but for the majority of them, there are only eight letters in the alphabet. WRX STIR and B.

I think the problem may be this. A Subaru Impreza is seen by the rallying fraternity as the golden-wheeled wonder boy. It was a Subaru that took Richard Burns to his world championship, and a Subaru with which Colin McRae became synonymous. Subarus are to rallying, then, what Ferrari is to Formula One.

And rallying, I’m afraid, is a sport for the terminally gormless. You stand there, on a frozen Welsh hillside, not knowing whether to drink the soup you’ve made or pour it into your wellingtons. And the evening is enlivened only when a pair of extremely noisy headlights whizz by, hurling a million bits of gravel into your face. The only good news about this is that your face is so chuffing cold you can’t feel the blood tricking out of all the open wounds.

What’s more, you do not know what sort of car the headlights were attached to. You do not know who was driving. And you do not know whether they were travelling faster than the previous set of headlights that spewed stones into your iced-up cheeks.

Rallying is the only sport on God’s earth where you watch the event live but do not know who’s won until long after you’ve got home and had a bath to remove all the mud that became stuck to you when you fell over in a Welsh wood at three in the morning.

The only possible reason for being there is to see someone called Stig Stigsson crash. Except you won’t, of course, because the rally is thousands of miles long and the chances of there being a prang right where you’re standing is remote. And even if you are lucky, you won’t actually see the impact because you’ll have been blinded by grit thrown into your eyes by Stig Magnesstig’s Citroën.

Of course, there is another way of going rallying, and that’s to take part. This is very simple. You buy a car that costs thousands of pounds. You then have that car tweaked and prepared, which costs even more. And then you drive it at incredibly high speed into a tree.

Show me someone who has a Subaru then and I’ll show you someone who thinks rallying is fun. And that means we’re almost certainly talking about a person who breathes through his mouth and has short legs, no forehead and one, possibly lacerated, eye.

Strangely, however, Subaru Imprezas have always been rather intelligent cars. They were so much more quiet and refined than alternatives from Ford and Mitsubishi. You got the impression that an Impreza would know how to hold a knife and fork. And whether to have its cheese before its pudding.

Whereas an Evo, you suspected, would goose your wife, eat with its mouth open and vomit into the sugar bowl during the coffee and mints. A Ford Escort Cosworth, meanwhile, would stab you just to get an electric ankle bracelet and an Asbo.

And now into the mix comes the new Subaru Impreza. I drove the WRX model recently and was terribly underwhelmed. It was too ugly, too soft, equipped like an Eskimo’s khazi and about as exciting as Tuesday. The car you see in the picture this morning, however, is what we’ve really all been waiting for. The STi version. The one with the flared wheelarches, four exhausts and almost 300 horsepowers.

First things first. The looks. And I’m sorry but I’m still not sold. The standard car looks like a lightly melted Rover 25. With its flared aches, this looks like a lightly melted Rover 25 with bingo wings.

Then there’s the interior. As is customary, the STi badge on the dash is pink and I’m afraid it really doesn’t go with the orange dials or the green indicator lights. It’s like a four-year-old has been let loose in there with a box of felt-tip pens.

Still, the vibrant colouring does at least take your mind off the fact that this is a £25,000 car that comes with fewer toys than an Ethiopian birthday boy. You know if a car maker is in trouble when, in its own brochure, it says the car is fitted as standard with locking wheel nuts and pneumatic bonnet struts. This is code for saying, “Sat nav’s extra.”

But of course the most important question is how the STi drives. And the answer is: provided you are the sort of person who can set the timer on a 1989 video recorder . . . it depends.

You see, down by your left elbow there’s a small panel featuring a number of buttons and acronyms that you won’t find in any other car. First of all, you choose what sort of throttle response you’d like. Then you choose from six settings how much power you’d like to go to the front wheels and how much to the back.

Or you can go for the auto setting, which unlocks the centre differential, sending most of the torque to the rear, or the Auto +, which sends it to the front. And now we get to the three-way vehicle dynamics control system, which turns the traction control system on, off or very off.

I have no doubt that on a track, when nothing is coming the other way and you can go beyond the limits, you will be able to spend many happy hours fiddling about, choosing exactly how you’d like to hit a tree. But you know what? On the road, even if you drive quite quickly, you can do whatever you like with any of these settings and it makes not a blind bit of difference.

I suspect the control panel is primarily designed as a talking point at Subaru owners’ club meetings. In the same way that the button that turns the traction control off in your car is something you mention to colleagues when giving them a lift. But you’d never actually use it.

Honestly? The only time I ever deactivate a car’s traction control is when I’m driving past a camera on Top Gear. On the road? Never. And so it goes with the STi. I pushed and prodded all the various buttons and, having realised they weren’t making much difference, put everything in auto and left them alone.

In this mode, the STi is demonstrably better than the WRX. Harder, more taut and noticeably faster. There’s still understeer, in any setting, which was always a tiresome characteristic of the old car. But there is something new. The flat-four strum is gone. The new 2.5 litre engine just sounds boring and I must therefore recommend you opt for the Prodrive sports exhaust to liven it up a bit.

So even though Subarus are probably the most reliable cars made – they make Hondas look like South American dictatorships – the new STi doesn’t look or sound good, it isn’t equipped very well and it doesn’t excite like its bingo wings and four tailpipes suggest it will. Put simply, I did not enjoy driving it.

I think therefore you may have to be a bit dim to buy one. If you’re a Subaru fan with a full range of Subaru clothing in your wardrobe, you’ll probably love it.

Vital statistics

Model Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Engine 2457cc, four cylinders

Power 296bhp @ 6,000rpm

Torque 300 lb ft @ 4,000rpm

Transmission Six-speed manual

Fuel 27.4mpg (combined cycle)

CO2 243g/km

Acceleration 0-60mph: 5.2sec

Top speed 155mph

Rating

Price £24,995

Verdict Strictly for fans
                                                  wHat U donT knoW can Hurt

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por JRodrigues Ver Post
                                                    Opinião da evo Vs opinião da edmunds (de quem???)

Enquanto uma se vale pelos números, outra vale pelo que realmente interessa..
                                                    Claro que a opinião da Evo é a mais credível, foi a único sitio onde o novo STI ganhou até agora ao EVO X.
                                                    As outras (Edmunds, Auto Car, Jeremy Clarkson) não tem qualquer credibilidade simplesmente porque dizem que o EVO X é melhor que o novo STI.

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por PT 3 Ver Post
                                                      Claro que a opinião da Evo é a mais credível, foi a único sitio onde o novo STI ganhou até agora ao EVO X.
                                                      As outras (Edmunds, Auto Car, Jeremy Clarkson) não tem qualquer credibilidade simplesmente porque dizem que o EVO X é melhor que o novo STI.

Tambem tenho ideia de ter lido acerca de mais vitórias do Evo que do Sti...
                                                      E a revista evo - sendo excelente - tem sempre uma certa assinatura, que é como quem diz, um toque pessoal, do jornalista que faz o teste. penso que a evo deve ser lida a essa luz. Aliás, um pouco á semelhança, ainda que a um nivel menor, que os textos/analises do Clarckson.

Comentário

AD fim dos posts Desktop

Collapse

Ad Fim dos Posts Mobile

Collapse
                                                      Working...
                                                      X