X
Collapse
Primeira Anterior Próxima Última

• Filtrar
  • Tempo
  • Show
Clear All

Originalmente Colocado por Jorge Correia Ver Post
    Realmente lamentável o desaparecimento do nosso UMM. Lembro-me bem de como se viam bastantes na estrada e do desejo de muitos de terem um Alter cabrio com rool bar para ir a praia e andar off-road sem problemas.
    Eu tenho.. Eu tenho.. Eu tenho..

Estou a juntar na garagem exemplares de fino bom gosto...

O UMM quero voltar a sair à rua com ele em breve... ja esta cabrio...

Agora so falta arranjar um diabrete qualquer pequeno para ter a garagem de sonho .. a ver vamos

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por FastLee Ver Post
      Eu tenho.. Eu tenho.. Eu tenho..

Estou a juntar na garagem exemplares de fino bom gosto...

O UMM quero voltar a sair à rua com ele em breve... ja esta cabrio...

Agora so falta arranjar um diabrete qualquer pequeno para ter a garagem de sonho .. a ver vamos
      Trata bem dele então!

Há muitos anos atrás (20 ou mais) oiço um grande estouro e vou correr até à janela do meu quarto... vejo um UMM amarelo tombado na estrada em frente do meu prédio...

Diz assim o meu pai que fumava calmamente o seu cigarro na varanda... - Aquele palhaço deu umas guinadas na areia e virou o jeep!!!

Digo eu assim... - Ó pai... é o namorado da mana...

Comentário

Trata bem dele então!

Há muitos anos atrás (20 ou mais) oiço um grande estouro e vou correr até à janela do meu quarto... vejo um UMM amarelo tombado na estrada em frente do meu prédio...

Diz assim o meu pai que fumava calmamente o seu cigarro na varanda... - Aquele palhaço deu umas guinadas na areia e virou o jeep!!!

O que eu me ri, brutal.

Comentário

Trata bem dele então!

Digna de um apanhado!

Comentário

Jay Leno's Top 10 (2000)

1. Duesenberg SJ

To me, it's probably the greatest American car, and it's certainly one of the greatest cars of all time. It's one of the few cars that I think people will still be restoring hundreds of years from now, because nothing in it is biodegradable. The steel, the block, everything is of such weight, depth and thickness that it's constantly rebuildable. You could pull a Duesenberg chassis out of a swamp it had been in since 1925, just kinda clean it up a bit, and it would be as strong as it was when it left the factory.
            2. Bugatti Type 57SC

I also like the Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic coupe. It's a nice car, actually a great car, to drive, but you feel like it's pretty much made of baling wire. It's not a physically strong car. You can put 10 people in a Duesenberg. It stops. It goes around corners. There's no cowl shake. It's a big, heavy car. But the Bugatti, well, it's a little bit spindly. Bugattis are technically interesting, though. My Type 57 has a supercharged twin-cam straight Eight like a Duesenberg, but it's a smaller 3.3-liter engine. The Duesy is 7.0-liters. And the styling is terrific. Some people actually think it's a new car, but it's an original 1937 Type 57SC engine and chassis, fitted with a new body. And it's probably the most visually stunning car that I own.
            3. McLaren F1

The new British-built McLaren F1 is probably the greatest car ever. I like it because it's a car that's designed from the ground up. Take a car like the Lamborghini Diablo. They modify it, put a wing on it and extra spoilers, just to make it do what it's supposed to do. Whereas the McLaren does it right from the get-go. It's a perfect example of form following function. This is what it needs to look like to do its job, so that's what it looks like. And y'know, it looks right. It's also the brainchild of basically one guy. Gordon Murray, the designer, doesn't like radios so the F1 isn't available with a radio. But he likes rock-and-roll so the car is available with a special Kenwood compact disc sound system that uses aluminum magnets and weighs less than half of a normal CD player. I like it when it's one guy's version of what a car should be. That's probably true of most of my choices.
            4. Mercer Raceabout

Another of my all-time favorites is the 1913 Mercer Raceabout. Made in Trenton, N.J., it was one of the first real American sports cars. It combined a relatively small--for the time--300-cu.-in. engine, a lightweight frame, a light body--really just a hood, two bucket seats and a gas tank. Like the McLaren, it's another car that has just what it needs. Nothing more.
            5. Stanley Steamer

If you've been reading this column regularly, you know by now that I like Stanley Steamers. I like any kind of steam car. There's really no technical reason why you would like a steamer other than the fact that any blacksmith can fix it. People go nuts when they see all those valves and faucets. Most car guys stand back when I start one of my Stanleys, especially when it starts hissing and smoking. They're afraid. It's really funny. With most cars, you deal in millimeters, but with steam cars, you deal in inches. That's close enough. It's that kind of deal. I think you're only a real car guy if you've got steam.
            6. Lamborghini Miura

like Lamborghinis, especially Miuras, more than Ferraris because of the reason the company started in the first place. Mr. Lamborghini manufactured tractors in Italy and was very wealthy. He went to Ferrari to buy a car, and he wanted it the way he wanted it. Mr. Ferrari said no, you'll take the car the way we build it. Mr. Lamborghini was so insulted he went off and started the Lamborghini car company just so he could build sports cars the way he wanted them--and hopefully put a dent in Ferrari sales. I remember when I was 16, sitting in math class reading a copy of Road & Trackwith a Miura on the cover. People were still driving boxy old '55 Buicks and DeSotos. The visual impact of the Miura was incredible. Nothing looked like it, not even a Ferrari. Actually, the main reason I don't like Ferraris is that I don't have a place to put all those Ferrari books. You know if you own a Ferrari, you have to collect all the books. And there's gotta be a million of 'em.
            7. Ford GT40

I'll always remember seeing those Ford GT40s--also one of the all-time great cars--crossing that finish line at Le Mans, one, two, three in 1966. It was one of the most exciting race moments ever. When I was a teenager, maybe even younger, Ferrari was the dominant force, and then Ford hired Carroll Shelby. Often portrayed as a ragtag group of Americans who got together a Le Mans effort, they actually had the backing of a gazillion-dollar company like Ford, but that didn't make any difference. The fact that a Ford could beat a Ferrari was amazing to me. It was a classic example of "Race on Sunday, sell on Monday." It worked on me.
            8. Baker Electric

love my 1909 Baker Electric. People see that car--it looks like a phone booth on wheels--and they're astounded by it. They're fascinated with how quiet it is and they're amazed at the tiller steering. They typically ask "How did I miss this? When did this come out? They had this before World War I? I don't remember anything about this." Electric cars, even today, are limited by battery technology. Gasoline-powered cars have become more modern, but batteries haven't changed much. So the Baker is a curiosity. But it works well, and I love driving it. Too bad the battery people weren't able to develop something better
            9. Bentley 8.0L

I'm a nut for the big old 8.0-liter Bentleys. I've got a stock 8.0-liter sedan, a 4.5 with an 8.0-liter engine and a 1924 3.0-liter chassis with a highly modified, twin-turbocharged 8.0-liter that puts out over 500 hp. That one will leave twin streaks of rubber as long as you keep your foot down. With their immense, long-stroke engines, Bentleys are like Duesenbergs in that you never have to apologize for them being an old car. It's like when Clint Eastwood walks into a bar in a movie, nobody asks, "Who's that old guy?" The Bentley is the same thing.
            10. 427 Cobra

People ask me why I don't have any Porsches. I've never liked the looks of their engines although my brother had a Speedster. And I never liked that tinny ching, chingsound. Why would you want that when you could get a car that sounded like varrooooom, varrooom? To me, the greatest car of the '60s was the 427 Cobra. Mine is a replica that originally had a 427 side oiler. Now it's got a SOHC 427 Ford V8. It'll dust a new Viper, and that's still pretty amazing to me.
            Editado pela última vez por ks34; 28 March 2008, 11:31.

Comentário

Excelente

Comentário

O Duesenberg SJ penso que dos carros mais caros de sempre ...

Na altura em que eram vendidos novos , o preço dava para comprar 3 ou 4 Roll's Roice da mesma altura.

Comentário

E ser purista e sinónimo de ter os carros parados na garagem desde quando?
                  Lê lá outra vez a frase do eduardomaio e vê se não faz sentido, ás vezes é preciso é ler 2 vezes .

Abraço,
                  Nuno.

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por Nuno MCC II Ver Post
                    Lê lá outra vez a frase do eduardomaio e vê se não faz sentido, ás vezes é preciso é ler 2 vezes .

Abraço,
                    Nuno.
                    Bate leve, levemente, como quem chama por mim... fui ver...

Esse assunto daria pano para mangas...

Comentário

AD fim dos posts Desktop

Collapse

Ad Fim dos Posts Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X