Anúncio

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tópico Citroën: creative technologie (desde 1919)

Collapse

Ads nos topicos Mobile

Collapse

Ads Nos topicos Desktop

Collapse
X
Collapse
Primeira Anterior Próxima Última

• Filtrar
  • Tempo
  • Show
Clear All

Citroën DS 19 Prototype: The Goddess has landed

It’s the beginning of October, 1955; the Citroën DS is about to be revealed to the world, and subsequently revered for both its technological and aesthetic advances. We’ve unearthed images of ‘The Goddess’ on her maiden journey, just days before the momentous premiere.

The debut of the DS ushers in a new era for the French manufacturer. After 23 years in service, the weary Traction Avant is finally being replaced, and visitors to the Paris show are stunned by how far its successor moves the game on. Soon to float (almost literally) along the boulevards of the world, the streamlined body appears to have been hauled back from the future by designer Flaminio Bertoni, and the technology it boasts is no less of a revelation.

Hydropneumatic suspension makes its first appearance on a production car, oscillating automatically to adapt to road conditions – Mercedes and Rolls-Royce are to license the pioneering technology soon afterwards. Meanwhile, disc brakes and a dual-circuit braking system provide anchorage; a semi-automatic transmission takes power to the front wheels. Interestingly, the horn has two volume settings: city and highway. In 1957, philosopher Roland Barthes remarks that the DS has "obviously fallen from the sky."

The photographs seen here were taken by French photographer Maurice Jarnoux, for Paris Match, not a week before the show. They show a prototype DS 19 undergoing final evaluation in a screened-off section of the Citroën factory; the bird's-eye image perfectly emphasises the Goddess’s teardrop shape. In the same shot, Jarnoux also captures the four-cylinder engine liberated from the obscuring bonnet, while the black, glassfibre-reinforced roof prescribed by co-designer André Lefèbvre reflects the daylight it was about to see fully for the first time.

During the maiden voyage, the prototype stuns soldiers smoking outside their nearby Versailles barracks as it sweeps through rain-slicked bends at 60mph. They're not to know that the driver has the assurance of the revolutionary suspension and other futuristic technologies, while the curved windscreen is providing him with ample vision. The single-spoke steering wheel has also been designed with his welfare in mind, and will collapse should the worst occur. Some later even credit the Goddess for famously saving the life of Charles de Gaulle during an assassination attempt…

Comentário

(Cont...)

President de Gaulle wasn’t the only satisfied customer; the DS was built in numerous variations for 20 years, and remained largely unchanged throughout. The interior was comfortable and spacious, and had room for more than a dozen suitcases – as demonstrated by Gina Lollobrigida.

Though it’s as pretty today as it would have been on that wet autumn day all those years ago, its visual appeal had begun to wane by the 1970s, despite still achieving strong sales. It was semi-replaced by the SM before being phased out completely some years later, but such was its impact that it has become one of the archetypal classic cars – its characterful silhouette being the visual equivalent of a ‘household name’.

Comentário

Packing for Paris: ‘La Lollo’ wasn’t one to travel light

When two goddesses come face to face, there can be problems. Not in this instance, however, since the goddesses in question were film star Gina Lollobrigida and the Citroën ‘Déesse’ and who – judging by this photograph – understood each other well.

The photo shows Gina Lollobrigida with a major suitcase problem; or should that be thirteen problems? The picture was taken at a photoshoot for Paris Matchmagazine, to accompany a story on the revolutionary Citroën DS – and to help demonstrate the wonderful luxury of luggage space. Believe it or not, all the suitcases in the picture would have fitted into the Citroën. Or so we’re told.

Comentário

Comentário

Comentário

Citroën AC6 1928

Comentário

Citroen Xsara VTS - Peugeot 306 S16 - Renault Mégane Coupé 2.0 IDE

Comentário

Citroen Xsara VTS 2.0i 16v 167cv

Comentário

Citroen Xsara 2.0i 16v 167 VTS Coupé (AMO1) vs Audi A3 1.8T, Peugeot 306 GTi-6 y VW Golf GTi 1.8T

Comentário

Comentário

Citroen Xsara VTS Coupé (AMO1) vs Seat Córdoba 1.8T Cupra

Comentário

Citroen Xsara VTS Coupé vs VW Golf GTi 1.8T

Comentário

Citroen Xsara 1.8i 16v VTS Berlina vs Citroen Xsara 1.9 turboD Exclusive (AMO1)

Comentário

Citroen Xsara 1.8i 16v VTS Berlina

Comentário

Citroen Xsara 1.6i 8v SX Coupé vs Renault Mégane 1.4 16v Coupé RXi

Comentário

Citroen Xsara 1.6i 16v Exclusive
                                  Fiat Stilo 1.6i 16v
                                  Honda Civic 1.6i VTEC
                                  Opel Astra 1.6 16v
                                  Peugeot 307 1.6
                                  Renault Mégane 1.6 16v

Comentário

Comentário

Citroen Xsara Picasso vs Citroen C3 Picasso

Comentário

Citroën Xsara WRC

Comentário

Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.8i 16v/2.0 HDi

Comentário

Citroen Xsara 1.4 HDi

Comentário

Citroen Xsara 1.4i SX
                                              Alfa Romeo 146 1.4 Lujo,
                                              Fiat Brava 1.4 SX,
                                              Nissan Almera 1.4 GX,

Renault Mégane 1.4 RN
                                              Seat Córdoba 1.6 SX

Comentário

Kia Pro_Ceed - Peugeot 308 - Opel Astra GTC - Citroen C4 (diesel 140CV)

Comentário

100.000km - Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 HDI

Comentário

Audi A4 2.8 V6 Quattro
                                                    BMW 328i
                                                    Citroën Xantia Activa V6
                                                    Mercedes C 280
                                                    Peugeot 406 SVE V6

Comentário

Comentário

CITROËN XANTIA 1.9 SD (1997)

Comentário

Alguns dos problemas encontrados em certas unidades...

Comentário

Comentário

Comentário

AD fim dos posts Desktop

Collapse

Ad Fim dos Posts Mobile

Collapse
                                                              Working...
                                                              X