X
Collapse
Primeira Anterior Próxima Última

• Filtrar
  • Tempo
  • Show
Clear All

Originalmente Colocado por MrsX Ver Post
    Exactly. One of the most common mistakes is related to the inversion of the subject and verb when asking a question.

"You are ok." - "Are you ok?"
    "She was waisted." - "Was she waisted?"
    "He is drunk" - "Is he drunk?"
    On the top of that: the difference between waste and waist.

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por JonasPower Ver Post
      Good afternoon mates! LIC, that music is very interesting! And the video, too!

Well, I have now finished the lunch-time. I have eaten one cheese and "chourição" sandwich. I loved it! And, in the end, I drunk a bit of Sunquick juice, inside my water bottle. It was nice, too.

Now I'm on the computer. Next, I will work. So, I'm enjoying the last few minutes here, on the Forum Autohoje.

Goodbye!
      A few changes... don't know if all of them are OK, but someone will correct if not.

Comentário

I have eaten (tenho comido)

Ex:
        Já tenho comido melhor batata - I have eaten better potato

Comentário

Good afternoon mates! LIC, that music is very inteeresting! And the video, too!

Well, I have now finished (cut the "the") lunchtime. I ate one cheese and chourição sandwich (not sandwitch). I loved it! And, in the end, I drank a bit of Sunquick juice from my water bottle. It was nice, too.

Now I'm on the computer. Next, I will work. So, I'm enjoying the last few minutes here, in Autohoje Forum.

Goodbye!
          I´ve got to stop coming here. I have work to do!

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por 33Stradale Ver Post
            I´ve got to stop coming here. I have work to do!
            drank or drunk?

Comentário

Good afternoon mates! LIC, that music is very inteeresting! And the video, too!

Goodbye!
              She has more clips, and hotter than this

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por LuisMiguel Ver Post
                On the top of that: the difference between waste and waist.

Oh shit... big calinate!

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por MrsX Ver Post
                  Oh shit... big calinate!
                  A big kick on the grammar

Comentário

Não existia uma velha regra sobre tópicos nonsense?

se o silver vê isto..

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por ZylmhuinVII Ver Post
                      A big kick on the grammar
                      That's right... Hit harder the little blind guy.

Comentário

drank or drunk?
                        drank.

Comentário

drank.
                          Got it... the conjugation of the verbs is my weak spot...

Comentário

Got it... the conjugation of the verbs is my weakest spot...

(6 caracteres)

Comentário

A lot of portuguese people use too much "the" in english sentences. You can get rid of almost all of them. If you do so your sentences will sound a lot better to a native english speaker.

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por JFML Ver Post

(6 caracteres)
                                It's a weak spot, I'm not saying that is the weakest

A lot of portuguese people use too much "the" in english sentences. You can get rid of almost all of them. If you do so your sentences will sound a lot better to a native english speaker.
                                Totally right... "verbs conjugation" is better than "conjugation of the verbs"

Comentário

That reminds me wen i speaked to people about alegoric cars with paper flowers instead: floats in a parade to talk about burn of ribbons, and foreign people looked to me: WTF this guy is speaking about???

Comentário

(6 caracteres)
                                    "My weak spot" is correct in this context. By the way, I like this topic very much and I am just trying to write a sentence which is bigger than 20 words without misspelling anything.
                                    Here is a question for the experts:

No sooner had I opened my door (.............) that something was missing

A) and I realized
                                    B) then I realized
                                    C) did I realize
                                    D) had I realized

And why?

Thank you
                                    Nice to meet you
                                    The book is on the table
                                    Best Regards

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por LIC Ver Post
                                      That reminds me wen i speaked to people about alegoric cars with paper flowers instead: floats in a parade to talk about burn of ribbons, and foreign people looked to me: WTF this guy is speaking about???
                                      spoke

"floats"?? so os USA é que te vão entender, creio

Comentário

true, but even that first sentence can be easily shortened to: "A lot of Portuguese overuse 'the' in sentences."

english is a fairly compact language, no need for long sentences.

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por Ilyushin Ver Post
                                          "My weak spot" is correct in this context. By the way, I like this topic very much and I am just trying to write a sentence which is bigger than 20 words without misspelling anything.

A) and I realized
                                          B) then I realized
                                          C) did I realize
                                          D) had I realized

And why?

Thank you
                                          Nice to meet you
                                          The book is on the table
                                          Best Regards
                                          hat I realized something. eu tirava o that

Comentário

apagar

Or should i say. Erase it, please

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por omnibus Ver Post

the question is just like this, it came from an English test. And I failed miserably

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por omnibus Ver Post
                                                "and realized something"

you already have the "I" on the sentence, don't need another one.

Comentário

It's a weak spot, I'm not saying that is the weakest

If you mean that, then what you should be saying is:

Got it... the conjugation of the verbs is one of my weak spots ("points" would be better here)...

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por jimbo Ver Post
                                                    true, but even that first sentence can be easily shortened to: "A lot of Portuguese overuse 'the' in sentences."

english is a fairly compact language, no need for long sentences.
                                                    Tell that to Shakespeare or Melville (Mobby Dick)!

Comentário

Originalmente Colocado por bg2 Ver Post
                                                      Não existia uma velha regra sobre tópicos nonsense?

se o silver vê isto..
                                                      And written in portuguese language

Comentário

Got it... the conjugation of the verbs is one of my weak spots ("points" would be better here)...

You are wrong. He can say "The conjugation of the verbs is my weak point", just like you say in Portuguese: "A conjugação de verbos é o meu ponto fraco". It's correct.

Comentário

Understood...

You are wrong. He can say "The conjugation of the verbs is my weak point", just like you say in Portuguese: "A conjugação de verbos é o meu ponto fraco". It's correct.
                                                          Wasn't expecting that my sentence generate this discussion, but it's good, we are learning something here...
                                                          Editado pela última vez por ZylmhuinVII; 30 May 2016, 15:24.

Comentário

"and realized something"

you already have the "I" on the sentence, don't need another one.
                                                            não é bem assim (uma regra qualquer da gramática)... além do mais eu só escolhi uma hipótese.

Comentário

A) and I realized
                                                              B) then I realized
                                                              C) did I realize
                                                              D) had I realized

And why?

Thank you
                                                              Nice to meet you
                                                              The book is on the table
                                                              Best Regards
                                                              I think it's "B)" cause it's an action that was caused by the main action on the sentence...

Comentário

AD fim dos posts Desktop

Collapse

Ad Fim dos Posts Mobile

Collapse
                                                              Working...
                                                              X